Sunday, January 31, 2010

The birthday girl

Back to the world, after a 5 days internet crash!

I am now one year older and none the wiser. AND I got to go out for my birthday!! I went to check up on my beloved cervix on Thursday and lo and behold it measured a whooping 4cm! That's the best measurement so far. My cervix has suddenly become the king of cervixes. After seeing those wonderful numbers and the even more wonderful baby, my OB gave me permission to go out for lunch as long as I didn't walk to much and kept it under 1h. Which I did.

Oh the feeling of fresh air on my face. Friends sharing a meal with me, sitting at the table. Dumplings on the beach. Holding my hubby's hand. I don't think anyone can understand how wonderful it felt.
It was a good thing my outing was limited to one hour, because I very soon started to be sore all over. My body is not used to being upright anymore, or to carry the weight of my bump. I was kind of relieved to get back on to my couch: how sad is that? Friends came and went all day, and I received so many flowers my house now look like a funeral house (in a good way, if there is such a thing).

This delightful weekend was topped off by the victory at the Aussi Open of my fellow countryman, the one and only, the Master, the Genius: Roger Federer! The third set was so nerve-wracking I started having contractions and had to hide under the covers for the entire tie-break to avoid stress-contracting. Did I mention I was a total Federer fan? I am the ridiculous girl with a Swiss flag painted on her face at all games, waving a Swiss flag and ringing a Swiss cow bell. Yup, that's me.

No comments:

Post a Comment