Wednesday, January 20, 2010

24 weeks

Quick update: I finally managed to see my dear Dr. G. and all seems to be going well. I was complaining about all the aches and pains that come with strict bedrest and he started showing me all the exercises I could do when I got up to go to the bathroom. Hilarious to see this little Indian man wiggling his hips and standing on the tip of his toes! Oh, and I have the right to...wait for it...have a massage at home!! It may sound completely trivial to you, but to me, it sounds like Heaven. Aaaah, to have someone rub my back and my legs... Wait, does that mean I have to shave now? Right, first task will then be to find someone who can help me with that. Anyone?

When I got home, my dog was super excited to see me in a vertical position. She quickly put on a very annoyed, yet resigned look when I layed back on my daybed. She must think I'm the laziest human being ever.
Before my bedrest, she would tap at the door if she wanted/needed to go out. Then when I started laying on the couch all day, she would be very confused that I didn't react to her tapping. Now the poor thing walk to the door, looks at me, sighs, then goes back to her basket. I'm trying not to take it personally that my dog thinks I'm a looser.

2 comments:

  1. L! I love your blog, keep writing I'll follow you!
    I realy like the anonymous thing, it makes me feel I'm M and could be one of those super fashion-with-fake-boobs-and-a-lot-of-money girls from Gossip Girl!
    About B., she's probably very concerned about you and feels you need your bedrest... and as long as she's not making on your carpet...
    How I miss my Elvis by the way...

    XOXO

    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness!! I love your honesty about things and love that you can laugh it off.. Mama's not a loser, she is taking a well deserved rest and that poor doggy just isn't used to mama taking the time she needs!!

    You better stay in that bed girl! AND AMEN TO THAT MASSAGE.. GET IT!!!!!

    I'll keep you in my prayers. I can't wait to see the baby pictures!

    ReplyDelete