Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Lil bro visiting

My little brother is over visiting from Europe for a week. It is his first time in Asia, and it's literally killing me not to be able to show him around. I love the city I live in, and I wish I could share all the wonders of this place with him, but no, I'm stuck on this couch, giving him subway directions. Bouh.
Luckily, I have the best husband in the world, and he is taking time to take my brother to all the cool places, the horse races, the bars, etc. Just wish I could be part of the fun! Oh well...

Another good thing about having my brother over, apart from his company, is all the wonderful Swiss chocolate he brought me. I had the brilliant idea of putting it (my husband calls it "hiding it") in a box under my daybed, and I can munch on it any time I'm a bit hungry. Unfortunately, it is a known side-effect of Swiss chocolate that you are always hungry when it's in the proximity of where you spend 14h a day. Another side-effect is that it makes me look like a baby walrus. I should probably stop going through half a bar in one go, twice a day. Or I should stop complaining about my bum being pregnant as well. Either one. I think I'll go for the latter, because you can't take another benefit of pregnancy away from me! It's bad enough that I can't show off my bump all over town, go to prenatal yoga classes, shop for maternity clothes (oh wait, I do that. Ok, scratch that one), go to antenatal classes and buy stuff for the upcoming baby: don't take stop me from stuffing my face! It's the last thing I've got. Oh don't I sound melodramatic...

The good news today is that I am reaching 25 weeks! That's my first milestone. So now everybody cross their fingers for my OB appointment tomorrow morning. If all looks good, I will ask him if I can go to the restaurant for my birthday on Saturday. So if I get permission from Dr. G, I'll walk from the car park, to the restaurant (35 steps, I counted last time), holding my husband's hand (which I haven't done in 3 months). Bliss...

Now go cervix, go! Make it happen! I'll give you more chocolate if you measure above 3.5cm!

No comments:

Post a Comment