Friday, April 9, 2010

Freedom is within reach

35 weeks 1 day: just 6 days to go on bedrest! Well, that's what I'm telling myself. My new doctor wants me to keep "taking it easy" until the end. And since I have no idea of what his idea of taking it easy implies, I'm going to do as I wish. I mean, the man was so not concerned about my cervix at the last check-up that he didn't even bother to measure it. Hence, taking it easy means no dancing, no marathon running, and no pole-dancing.

Oh ok...time to come clean: I won't be able to get off bedrest, even when I'll be allowed to. Boohoo. Let me explain. For the non-mums and non-pregnant ones, pregnancy is not as easy and glamorous as one might think. I'm actually very angry at Heidi Klum for spreading the image of a 9 months pregnant woman strutting around in heels and designer clothes, with a glowing skin and a big smile. Damn her. Truth be told, the third trimester is very ugly. My face is fat, my hair is impossible to keep under control, I have pimples popping up randomly, and I've lived in sweats for the past 5 1/2 months. But that's not what will keep me on my couch. My feet will. If I stand or sit for more than 30 minutes, my legs swell and my feet resemble furiously those of an elephant. Plus, they hurt. How the hell does Heidi bloody Klum manage to walk around in heels?!
My walking around in 6 days is promising to be very interesting and challenging.... I'll let you know how it goes. If you see someone hopping around in town, with very fat and red legs, that's me.

On the growth side, little Bean is still well, little. I will definitely have a skinny long-legged baby. But the little monster is growing within the same range so the new Dr. D. told me not to worry too much. Huh? Has he met me?? I have been worrying about every single little thing for the past 246 days. Worrying is my natural state of being. Good thing that it goes hand in hand with motherhood :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment