Friday, March 5, 2010

30 weeks

Ha! I made it to 30 weeks! I honestly NEVER thought I'd make it that far but here I am :-) And I'm not even complaining about all the aches and pains of the 3rd trimester. Well at least, not too much.

The journey to get here has been long and difficult. And it's not even over yet. I've been having so many Braxton-Hicks contractions that I was convinced I'd go in labor at 29 weeks. I've spent 114 days on bedrest so far. My hips are shot, my legs are hairy, my face is puffy, my back is killing me but hey! I'm 30 weeks! I'd never thought I'd be happy to be in my 30's...

Quick Bean update:
Heartbeat is good (I should know; I check it every 10 minutes on my doppler), fluid levels are good, movements are good but a bit erratic due to my anterior placenta and growth is good. Bean now weighs 1.6kg (3 lbs 5 oz), which is double of my little boy and nearly triple of my daughter's weight. Oh, and my cervix whom I now love and revere measures 3.6cm, without any funneling nor dilation. Yipee!

The only problem is, things have been going so well that it can't possibly last that way. Can it? I keep waiting for something bad to happen. Oh, the journey of a high-risk subsequent pregnancy on bedrest...


No comments:

Post a Comment